Noedelbar Ramen Gent Cooking Class

We had our Japanese cooking class last night offered by Laurens and Matthias from Noedelbar Ramen in Gent, and it was absolutely amazing!


Located Oudburg 51, Gent Belgium


Beginning of the menu



The restaurant - classes are up to 8 people in total, so you should always try to book ASAP if you want a place.


Excited!!!!

We were taught how to make two appetisers, a main and a dessert and given a detailed explanation of all the cooking ingredients and why they were important to the dish - such as Mirin, Miso, Shichimi (Japanese 7 spice), Karashi (Japanese mustard) etc.


Every meal course was accompanied by a drink, an Oyster Sake, or a rice Sake, among others - although the gin and tonic with matcha and fresh mint was my favorite :)

 
I really enjoyed how to properly spice our dishes (to our own taste) and how to proportion the ingredients. I loved the fresh oyster course! It was great to learn how to properly open a shell (without hurting yourself), and enjoying it with fresh ginger!


seasoning!


so gooooood!!








Matthias and Laurens were very kind and with explaining when we needed to alter our recipes and helpful when I completely messed up! Additionally having lived in Belgium for 6 years, my Dutch is very good, but they were attentive to me asking questions and clarified that i had understood everything, which was very reassuring in a small restaurant with native speakers.


One of the most important things (for myself) that I was able to learn was portion sizing and how to properly wrap spring rolls/ leompias. Generally I tend to over stuff and not give enough of an egg wash which results in my rolls falling apart or not being cooked properly. 


Look at these babies!!!


Egg pancake with Nori and Japanese ketchup!


Rice wine and pudding! Had this in the morning because were absolutely stuffed! Fortunately we were emailed the recipes the next day, just in case we wanted to recreate them and had missed something!


I am definitely cannot wait to go back for more lessons, especially their Ramen workshop and highly recommend others to try this place out!

Reacties

Populaire posts