POST CLEANSE AND THYROID CARE

Hey everyone!

I wanted to make small foodie post along some information about Hashimoto's Thyroiditis Disease, a condition I have.

HTD can be defined as:

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, also known as chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis and Hashimoto's disease, is an autoimmune disease in which the thyroid gland is gradually destroyed. Early on there may be no symptoms. Over time the thyroid may enlarge, forming a painless goiter.
I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid as an early teen and it will be something that I have for the rest of my life. Luckily, its treatable with proper diet, exercise and medication (also something that I will have to take for the rest of my life). I go to my doctor every 2 to 3 months for a blood test to make sure all my levels are ok and if I need to make adjustments to my medication or diet.
It has not always been as straightforward as i want - some months i feel bloated, and tired but levels are ok... other times i am full of energy and feel great but my thyroid is off. 

In October of last year I had enough of feeling up and down (my thyroid, health, and weight had been stable until 2019) so i decided to sign up for a lifestyle program through ISAGENIX, which was extremely helpful and effective. Disclaimer: If you have a thyroid issue and want to start a health program, ALWAYS consult your doctor or a medical official beforehand. Also I am not suggesting that this program will solve thyroid related illnesses, it's just something that works for me.
After a month of being on ISAGENIX, i felt better, had more energy, and was no longer bloated and uncomfortable. That being said, as a foodie, this is also means i have to be extremely careful with what I consume and not go overboard (which can be difficult if you love good food and wine as much as i do).
Here are some helpful links about Hashimotos:
If you think you may have an issue with your thyroid, always contact your doctor about treatment, proper diet etc, especially before trying any type of lifestyle programs/health cleanses.
So with ISAGENIX, it is a combination of shakes, protein meals and cleanse days! So this weekend was a cleanse weekend, that means no food (intermittent fasting) but drinking lots of water with a meal replacement drink. After my cleanse days and i am usually extremely hungry but need to not pig out on the first thing that i see! My favorite post cleanse meal is  variation on a poke bowl, just minus the rice.
You need:
50 grams salmon sashimi - (cut into small cubes)
3 green onions - (chopped to your liking - i usually keep them bite sized)
1/2 cucumber - (chopped into small cubes - same size as the sashimi)
Black Pepper - (a pinch) *optional
Tablespoon Soy Sauce
Teaspoon Sesame Oil - for flavour *optional
Sriracha - Also for seasoning *optional
This is super easy! Basically you take the cucumber, salmon and green onions in a bowl, add the soy sauce and sesame oil and mix it together! after you can plate and garnish or add sriracha and sesame oil. You can play around with this recipe, substituting the salmon for tuna etc, or can add coriander or mint. 



Reacties

Populaire posts